Let’s try something? This time lets step away from from beauty related topics shall we? I’ve always had a love hate relationship with the kitchen and that’s a fact. However, this seems to be the season of love for me because I seem to have rekindled my love life with the kitchen.
Today I bring to you a fail proof banana bread recipe given to me by my sister in-law Sandra. Sandra’s got kids and as expected most of her recipes are made with the kids in mind. So, instead of the traditional Banana Bread loaf, we opted for muffins which the kids found more appealing.
I also did my research on several recipes of Banana Bread and found that there are several twists to make them. You can add nuts, blueberries (this I might try), Coconut shavings, cinnamon, chocolate chunks, milk chocolate, the list goes on and on. You have the freedom to be as adventurous as your taste buds permit. However, I find that keeping it simple does it for me.
I’ll spare you the sermon and get right to it.
- 1, 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup of melted butter/Canola oil
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- A pinch of salt
- Peel bananas, break in small pieces, pour in a mixer
- Add melted butter (salted or unsalted)/Canola oil
- Add sugar
- Add baking soda
- Add vanilla extract
- Whisk egg and add to mixer
- A pinch of salt
- Blend mixture to preferred consistency
- Pour in a mixing bowl
- Add flour and mix to preferred text
- Line your cake pan and pour batter in cake liners
- Set oven to 30 minutes and pop pan in the oven
- After 30 minutes take out beautiful muffin and set to cool
- All set and ready to devour
Print recipe Banana Bread Muffin
I personally prefer to eat mine just as it is but if you have a sweet tooth but, a healthy scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side would be just PERFECT.
Let me know if you try this recipe and please a comment below.
You can also click the image below for a quick video on my Youtube channel
Oh! and don’t forget to click the Subscribe button while you’re at it.
For my beauty junkies, you’re never forgotten please click LONDON BEAUTY VLOG | PART 2